Brittany-Internet

Promoting Businesses & Providing Help and Info for Expats living in France.

Truly Effective French and English
website design in France, Hosting CMS, and SEO!
Brittany News and Forums!

Sunday, June 25, 2017 ..:: Brittany News » Driving France » Driving on the left ::..  Login
 What percentage of the world drive on the left hand side of the road? Minimize

What percentage of people in the world drive on the left hand side of the road?

Around 34% of the world's population drives on the left hand side of the road, including the UK and many Commonwealth countries, including Australia, India and South Africa leaving about 66% who drive on the right hand side of the road.

Before the World War 1:  Argentina, some parts of Austria, parts of Brazil, Burma, parts of Chile, China, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Iceland, parts of Italy, Paraguay, Philippines, Sweden and Uruguay all drove on the left hand side of the road.

When Benito Mussolini came to power he changed the rules in Italy and Adolf Hitler changed the driving rules for Austria and Czechoslovakia when he came to power.

Going further back, the French drove on the left hand side of the road too. It was Napoleon who changed France to drive on the right hand side of the road.

So next time you're talking with a French person about why in the UK we drive on the left hand side of the road, you can tell them that over a third of the world population drives on the left and only before the first world war most of the world population drove on the left hand side of the road. Hopefully that will shut them up ;)

Don't get lost, get a map:


 Print   



Brittany France Sponsors

Creation site Web Pontivy

 Gites France

 

Brittany Internet
Partner websites

Holiday Gites France
Gites in France listed by region + Tourist information
www.holiday-gites.com
 
Gites Brittany
Book Holiday Cottages & Gites in Brittany direct with the owners.
gites-brittany.com
 
Holiday Cottages France
Book Holiday Cottages in France direct with the owners
cottages-gites-france.com
 
Bretagne Immobilier
Terrains et Maisons à vendre en Bretagne par votre agence immobilière en Bretagne.
bretagne-immobilier.com
 

Brittany Property
Brittany Property for sale with independent English speaking estate agents in Brittany France.
breton-homes.com

 

  
 Brittany Internet - Text Links

  Web Site Design France - Hosting - Contact Us  - Home
Brittany News - Brittany Property News - Brittany Forums - Shooting and Firearms in Brittany France - Maps Brittany France
Land Rover France - Brittany Gites France AdvertisingBrittany-Internet French - Brittany France Blog - Micro Station d épuration


  
Copyright 2014 Brittany-Internet.Com   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement

Website Hosting and Website Design Brittany Internet